One thing that I love to do at the beginning of any season is change the look of my grapevine wreath on our front door. I purchased it with the mindset that it would serve as the base for most of the wreaths I made throughout the year (and it has saved me a ton of money in the process). That way, all I have to do is change out the flowers and decor that I choose, and I immediately have a brand new look each season (or month if I’m really on top of things).
When I think summer, I think of trips to the lake, outdoor picnics, and Independence Day! I knew a few months ago that my summer wreath would definitely be red, white, and blue!
For this wreath, I found some red, white, and blue flower stems at Jo Ann’s fora whopping 60% off! I bought a couple stems, along with some wooden USA letters and headed home to change my wreath.
First, I spray painted the letters in Banner Red by Krylon.
Next, I headed outside with the flowers I purchased. I removed the old ones and began cutting and poking the new stems into the grapevine wreath. I used to bring the whole thing inside and reassemble the wreath there, but found it to be so much easier to just work on it while it hung on the door! I also attached the wooden letters with some brown floral wire. Soon I had this…
I liked it, but I didn’t love it….yet! When I went out in the road for a different perspective, I decided the wreath needed some more white, and I had the perfect thing to add to it.
I attached foam stars of different sizes to some toothpicks using hot glue. I figured the toothpicks would be easy to just poke into the wreath.
I love the end result! Because I had almost everything on hand, this wreath cost less than $5 (thank you Jo Ann’s for having great sales and even better coupons)!
I love to hear from my readers, please leave a comment if you can 🙂
I look forward to hearing from some of you soon!
I’ll be linking up at these great parties…